Read the below rules thoroughly before submitting :
1. Stories submitted must be in English only. No Hinglish or mixture of any other language is allowed.
2. Each participant can send any number of entries for consideration. Co- authorship of stories is allowed [Max 3 co-authors allowed]
3. The Registration fee is INR 200 per submission [Non Refundable]
4. The stories can be of any genre and any topic and shall not exceed more than 2000 words. [There is no minimum cap, we accept stories being told in less than 100 words too]
5. There is no age barrier and the writing challenge is open for all age groups.
6. The writing event is purely ONLINE and is a global event and submissions can be from any person from any country and corner of the world.
7. Both Pubished / Unpublished works are allowed to participate in the competition. If any part of your submission has been published before, please provide publication details. However we encourage unpublished work.
Note: Even if the print run or circulation of the print publication where the work has previously appeared is small, this is still considered previous publication.
8. Entries not complying with competition rules will be disqualified.
10. Once the registration is done, it would take a min of 72 hours (3 days) to review and post the story on the website & social media. You can check your submission by visiting the link – www.rostrumdiaries.in/storybrook
11. Every participant would be getting the e-copy of the participation certificate & the same shall be emailed at a later point.
12. The deadline for all the participants to register is OCT 31, 2021
13. Plagiarism is strictly discouraged and will result in disqualification.
14. Copyright remains with the author but prize winners must give permission to include the work on the Rostrum Diaries website Archive.
15. Entries that do not comply with the rules will be disqualified and entry fees will not be returned.
16. Judge: Sohrab Khandelwal, Storyteller, Writer and Film Maker. Check him out on Imdb: www.imdb.com/name/nm10021363
17. The Story Brook team reserves the right to change the judges without notice.
18. All entries will be judged by the judge who will choose the winning entry (entries). The judge reserves the right to not award a prize or prizes in either in any given year and his/her decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding his/her decision.
19. Winners will be officially notified by email and phone and the winning entries, if any, will be published in a special supplement of Artly Times [www.artlytimes.com]
20. All the awards will be couriered to the winning entries by post / courier.
21. Parameters of Assessment:
- Originality and creativity
- Diversity in Plot and depth of character development
- Writing style
22. Awards worth INR 50,000/- & below are the award categories:
- Runner Up
- 5 Special Mention Awards
- Readers’ Choice Awards [Refer the detailed guidelines in section 24]
- Top 50 stories, would be published free of cost by Rostrum Publications.
- Goodies for the special mentions sponsored by www.pankhindia.org
23. The top 4 stories selected by the jury will be mentored & produced as Theatrical productions by WeMove Theatre, Bengaluru. Once the stories have been selected, the process involves
- A Free Online / Offline workshop (worth 10K free of cost) for the writers on aspects of play writing.
- The workshop will involve the process to convert the stories in the play format by the writers with being mentored by the Theatre Experts at WeMove Theatre.
- Each writer / story will be assigned with one Director and then the process of play building starts with the director leading to rehearsals and other aspects of Theatre making
24. Guidelines for AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARDs
There are THREE Reader’s Choice Awards:
i. Reader’s Choice Award I [Website Vote]:
The story will be posted on the website along with the deatils of the participant. The one with the maximum number of votes by the readers will be awarded with the Story Brook- Reader’s Choice Award. The Voting starts on September 1 & ends on November 7, 2021.
Please Note: The Reader’s Choice Award is purely based on the story put up on the website along with the participant details. Once the registration is done, it would take a min of 72 hours (3 days) to review and post the submission on our website & social media
Each person can vote only once and the same shall be tracked by the IP address of the network being used. To vote – Please visit www.rostrumdiaries.in/voting
If you are connected to a Wi-Fi / shared internet network the IP address of the shared network will be considered. For example – if you have multiple devises connected over Wi-Fi and you try to vote using those multiple devises, in this case only one vote will be considered based on the IP address of the network
ii. Reader’s Choice Award II [Facebook]:
The story will be posted on the Facebook account of Rostrum Diaries [@rostrumdiaries] along with the details of the participant. The one with the maximum number of Likes & Comments by the readers on Facebook will be awarded with the Story Brook- Reader’s Choice – Facebook Award. The Voting starts on September 1 & ends on November 7, 2021. The Facebook account of Rostrum Diaries is www.facebook.com/rostrumdiaries
Please Note: The Reader’s Choice – Facebook Award is based on the story put in the caption of Facebook post along with the participant photo.Once the registration is done, it would take a min of 72 hours (3 days) to review and post the submission on our website & social media
iii. Reader’s Choice Award III [Instagram]:
The story will be posted on the Instagram account of Rostrum Diaries [@thestory.brook] along with the details of the participant. The one with the maximum number of Likes & Comments by the readers on Instagram will be awarded with the Story Brook- Reader’s Choice – Instagram Award. The Voting starts on September 1 & ends on November 7, 2021. The Instagram account of Rostrum Diaries is www.instagram.com/thestory.brook
Please Note: The Reader’s Choice – Instagram Award is based on the story put in the caption of Instagram post along with the participant details.
The details associated will be uploaded on Instagram within 72 hrs after the participant has registered.
Below are the 4 steps to be followed for Instagram based Voting
Step 4 – Like the participant’s photo uploaded on @thestory.brook Instagram Profile
Step 5 – Comment “Voted” on the Participant’s profile uploaded on Instagram Profile of @thestory.brook Please note – Only one comment per audience will be considered.
Please note – All the above 5 steps are mandatory to be followed for Instagram Voting.Once the registration is done, it would take a min of 72 hours (3 days) to review and post the submission our website & social media
25. For any details regarding the festival, submission call us on 9986186781 or directly WhatsApp us by clicking the link www.rostrumdiaries.in/pchat
Join the Festival’s Official Whatsapp Group – for latest updates on free workshops and webinars. To Join the WhatsApp group click : Story Brook – Official Whatsapp Group.