Read the below rules thoroughly before submitting :
1. Stories submitted must be in English only. No Hinglish or mixture of any other language is allowed.
2. Each participant can send any number of entries for consideration.
3. The Registration is FREE ! & no any application fee is applicable.
4. The stories need to strictly adhere to the topic given and shall not exceed more than 1000 words. [There is no minimum cap, we accept stories being told in less than 100 words too]
5. There is no age barrier and the writing challenge is open for all age groups.
6. The writing event is purely ONLINE and is a global event and submissions can be from any person from any country and corner of the world.
7. Both Published / Unpublished works are allowed to participate in the competition.
8. Entries not complying with competition rules will be disqualified.
10. Once the registration is done, you will receive an acknowledgement email to your registered email ID with the link to your submission.
11. The deadline for all the participants to register is FEB 28, 2022
13. Plagiarism is strictly discouraged and will result in disqualification.
14. Copyright remains with the author but prize winners must give permission to include the work on the Rostrum Diaries website Archive.
15. Entries that do not comply with the rules will be disqualified and entry fees will not be returned.
16. The Story Brook team reserves the right to change the judges without notice.
17. All entries will be judged by the judge who will choose the winning entry (entries). The judge reserves the right to not award a prize or prizes in either in any given year and his/her decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding his/her decision.
18. Winners will be officially notified by email and phone and the winning entries, if any, will be published in a special supplement of Artly Times [www.artlytimes.com]
19. All the awards will be couriered to the winning entries by post / courier.
20. Parameters of Assessment: Originality, Creativity, Writing Style, Diversity in plot of the story.
21. Guidelines for AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARDs
There are THREE Reader’s Choice Awards:
i. Reader’s Choice Award I [Website Vote]:
The story will be posted on the website along with the deatils of the participant. The one with the maximum number of votes by the readers will be awarded with the Story Brook- Reader’s Choice Award. The Voting starts on Jan 26 & ends on Feb 28, 2022
Please Note: The Reader’s Choice Award is purely based on the story put up on the website along with the participant details.
Each person can vote only once and the same shall be tracked by the IP address of the network being used. To vote – Please visit www.rostrumdiaries.in/vote
If you are connected to a Wi-Fi / shared internet network the IP address of the shared network will be considered. For example – if you have multiple devises connected over Wi-Fi and you try to vote using those multiple devises, in this case only one vote will be considered based on the IP address of the network
ii. Reader’s Choice Award II [Facebook]:
The story will be posted on the Facebook account of Rostrum Diaries [@rostrumdiaries] along with the details of the participant. The one with the maximum number of Likes & Comments by the readers on Facebook will be awarded with the Story Brook- Reader’s Choice – Facebook Award. The Voting starts on Jan 26 & ends on Feb 28, 2022. The Facebook account of Rostrum Diaries is www.facebook.com/rostrumdiaries
Please Note: The Reader’s Choice – Facebook Award is based on the story put in the caption of Facebook post along with the participant photo. Once the registration is done, it would take a min of 72 hours (3 days) to review and post the submission on our website & social media
iii. Reader’s Choice Award III [Instagram]:
The story will be posted on the Instagram account of Rostrum Diaries [@thestory.brook] along with the details of the participant. The one with the maximum number of Likes & Comments by the readers on Instagram will be awarded with the Story Brook- Reader’s Choice – Instagram Award. The Voting starts on Jan 26 & ends on Feb 28, 2022. The Instagram account of Rostrum Diaries is www.instagram.com/thestory.brook
Please Note: The Reader’s Choice – Instagram Award is based on the story put in the caption of Instagram post along with the participant details.
The details associated will be uploaded on Instagram within 72 hrs after the participant has registered.
Below are the 4 steps to be followed for Instagram based Voting
Step 3 – Like the participant’s photo uploaded on @thestory.brook Instagram Profile
Step 4 – Comment “Voted” on the Participant’s profile uploaded on Instagram Profile of @thestory.brook Please note – Only one comment per audience will be considered.
Please note – All the above 4 steps are mandatory to be followed for Instagram Voting. Once the registration is done, it would take a min of 72 hours (3 days) to review and post the submission our website & social media
Story Brook Writing Challenge is joint initiative by initiative by Book Reads and Sapna Book House. Book Reads is a community for like-minded writers and readers coming under one roof to discuss anything and everything about books Join our Elite club’s whatsapp group by clicking the link www.bookreads.in/club
Please fill the below submission form to submit your story